Derivative Product Rule Practice with Power Rule Math Help Fun Game Tips:
- The derivative Product Rule is used on the product of two relations such as the product y=uv.
In general, the Product Rule states that the derivative of the product function y=uv is y'=uv'+u'v.
- For example, the unsimplified derivative of y=(x3x5) is y'=(x3)(5x4)+(3x2)(x5).
- This game uses the Product Rule dy/dx = (u)(dv/dx) + (du/dx)(v) and also the Power & Sum Rules.
Note that the symbols dy/dx, y' and f'(x) all represent the same derivative of y=f(x).
- The derivative Power Rule for y=xn yields the derivative dy/dx = nxn-1.
For example, the derivatives of y=x4 and s(t)=t6 are respectively dy/dx=4x3 and s'(t)=6t5.
- The Sum Rule states that the derivative of the sum function y = g + h is y' = g' + h'.
For example, the derivative of y = (x7 + x5) is y' = (7x6) + (5x4).
- Here is another example of the Product Rule y'=uv'+u'v :
The unsimplified derivative of y=(x3)(x7 + x5) is y'= (x3)(7x6 + 5x4) + (3x2)(x7 + x5).
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Math score is based on your choices only and does not count the snowflake hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of snowflake hits.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.
- Refresh/Reload the webpage to start over again.