Solve Equations Types: ay+b=c ay-b=c Math Fun Game Tips:
- To solve 2y+7 = 19, the first step is to isolate the term 2y by removing the +7 from the left side.
To remove +7 from 2y+7, you use the inverse of adding 7, namely subtracting 7 from each side.
The first step can be written as 2y+7-7 = 19-7 .
The second step simplifies each side of the equation and is written as 2y = 12 .
The third step uses the method 2y/2 = 12/2 to isolate the variable y on one side.
The final step isolates the y by simplifying each side of the equation and is written as y = 6.
- For equation 2y+7 = 19, the answer y=6 is the value of the variable y that satisfies the equation.
To satisfy an equation means to make its left side value equal its right side value.
When you check the answer y=6, the left side value of 2y+7 evaluates as 2(6)+7 which is 19.
When you check the right side value of 2y+7 = 19, it is already 19 with no evaluation work needed.
- The answer y=6 that satisfies the equation 2y+7 = 19 can be called the solution or root.
- Similarly, a complete solution for solving an equation such as 3w-8 = 22 to find the value of w is ...
3w-8 = 22
3w-8+8 = 22+8
3w = 30
3w/3 = 30/3
w = 10
- Refresh/Reload the web page to start over again.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input,
click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 25 choices.
- The Equation score is based on your choices only and does not count the fish hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of fish hits.
- The game speeds up as your score increases. Adjust this with the - and + keys.