Grammar Verb Voice & Tense English Literacy Help Game Tips:
- A verb has an active voice when it indicates the subject is doing the action.
Example: We sell the tickets.
- A verb has a passive voice when it indicates something else is acting upon the subject.
Example: The tickets are sold by us.
- A verb in a sentence can indicate a past, present, or future time.
Past Verb Tense Example: They recorded the song.
Present Verb Tense Example: They record the song.
Future Verb Tense Example: They will record the song.
- For many verbs, the past tense can be formed by adding 'ed' to the end of the present form.
Common exceptions to the rule include irregular verbs such as have, be, and do.
- The future tense of a verb can often be formed by using 'will' with the verb.
- Grammar is the study of words and how they go together to make a language.
- Refresh/Reload the web page to start over again.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Grammar score is based on your choices only and does not count the parrot hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of parrot hits.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input,
click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
Back to SliderMath.com