Factor Trinomials x2+bx+c Type Fun Game Help Tips:
- When you factor the trinomial x2+5x+6 the answer is (x+2)(x+3) .
From the answer, notice that '2 add 3' = 5 and that '2 times 3' = 6 .
- In general, when you factor the trinomial x2+bx+c the answer is (x+s)(x+t) ,
where the 's add t' = b and the 's times t' = c .
- This means the question x2+bx+c can be thought of as x2+(s+t)x+st .
You can check the answer by multiplying (x+s)(x+t) together.
- Similarly, when you factor the trinomial x2-5x+6 the answer is (x-2)(x-3).
From the answer, notice that '-2 add -3' = -5 and that '-2 times -3' = +6 .
- Also, when you factor the trinomial x2-x-6 the answer is (x+2)(x-3).
From the answer, notice that '+2 add -3' = -1 and that '+2 times -3' = -6 .
- Refresh/Reload the web page to start over again.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input,
click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- The score report automatically appears after you have made 10 choices.
- The Factors score is based on your choices only and does not count the helicopter hits.
- The Game score is reduced by the number of helicopter hits.
- The game speeds up as your score increases. Adjust this with the - and + keys.