Math Help - Add Fractions & Reduce Answer - Game Tips:
- The fraction 2/3 can be added to 1/6 by first converting 2/3 into 4/6 .
Then you add (4/6 + 1/6) to get the answer 5/6 .
- In order to add two fractions, you convert them to the same denominator (common denominator).
- You can convert a fraction by multiplying the top and bottom by the same number.
In the above example, 2/3 = (2x2)/(3x2) = 4/6.
- Another example: 1/4 + 5/6 = (1x6)/(4x6) + (4x5)/(4x6) = 6/24 + 20/24 = 26/24 which reduces to 13/12.
- The general rule is a/b + c/d = (ad)/(bd) + (bc)/(bd) = (ad+bc)/(bd) .
- The denominators used in this game are 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and their multiples (up to 5x).
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.