Teaching Trigonometry Tangents - Fun Math Help - Game Tips:
- Press the 't' key to see a graph that demonstrates the following example.
- The tangent of angle A can be written as tan A and equals the slope from point A(0,0) to point D(2,4).
This tangent ratio = slope = (rise)/(run) = (change in y)/(change in x) = (4-0)/(2-0) = (4)/(2) = 2/1.
- Press the 'y' key to restart the game.
- Generally, when angle A is in standard position as shown at the graph's origin (0,0)
then tan A equals the ratio = (rise)/(run) = slope.
Also tan A equals (opposite)/(adjacent) = (y)/(x).
- The small square symbol at B indicates AB is perpendicular to BD.
- It may take a minute to load the game at dial-up speeds.
- The game can be played using the mouse by itself or using the keyboard by itself.
- If the game doesn't respond to keyboard input, click inside the game area to reset the game's focus.
- Adjust the game's speed by pressing the + or - key repeatedly.